Meet Travis Van Winkle, Indianapolis Attorney
Travis Van Winkle is the founding member of The Law Office of Travis Van Winkle. Travis primarily practices in the areas of family law and bankruptcy. The firm handles various types of family law cases, including adoptions, dissolution (divorce), legal separation, child support, custody, parenting time/visitation, paternity, guardianships, emancipation, domestic partnership/cohabitation, wills, protective orders, grandparent rights, CHINS (children in need of services) and TPR (termination of parental rights). We also help people file for relief under Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 of the Bankruptcy Code. For those clients that are not able (or do not want) to file bankruptcy, the firm can also assist with informal debt settlement/resolution options (payment plans, reducing/compromising the balance due).
Having worked in these fields for more than 16 years (both as an attorney and as a legal assistant), Travis understands the emotional burdens faced by his clients. In fact, as a child of divorced parents, Travis has firsthand experience in dealing with the emotional highs and lows often experienced by his clients. Travis and his team strive to ensure each case is approached with a focus on the emotional well-being of the clients and their children.
Travis is an active member of the Indiana State Bar Association, Indianapolis Bar Association and the Hendricks County Bar Association. Travis has been named to the Hall of Fame for the Indianapolis Bar Association, and has been named a Super Lawyer/Rising Star by Law and Politics Magazine. In addition to Travis’ efforts in the legal community, he is actively involved with various legal and civic organizations. He is also a Den Leader and Assistant Cub Master for a local Cub Scout Troop.
Travis also enjoys spending time away from his work and volunteer efforts with his wife and two children. They enjoy traveling, camping, hiking, gardening, scouting, deep-sea fishing and drag racing.
- JD, Indiana University School of Law Indianapolis, 2003
- BA, Psychology, Purdue University, 2000
Admitted to Practice/Legal Organizations
- Indiana, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana, 2003
- Indiana State Bar Association – Family Law Section; Consumer and Bankruptcy Section
- Indianapolis Bar Association – Family Law Section; Consumer and Bankruptcy Section
Civic Organizations and Volunteerism
- Ask a Lawyer, Indianapolis Bar Association, Volunteer
- Legal Lines, Indianapolis Bar Association, Volunteer
- Bar Review Course, Indianapolis Bar Association, Grading Volunteer
- Planning Committee of the Indiana State Bar Association's Solo and Small Firm Conference
- Indiana University School of Law Alumni Association, Member
- Indiana University Alumni Association, Member
- Purdue University Alumni Association, Member
- United Way, Volunteer
- American Cancer Society, Volunteer
- Kiwanis International, Volunteer
- Habitat for Humanity, Volunteer
- Make-A-Wish Foundation, Volunteer